Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gone Country

Last week we had a HUGE adventure! Our little family flew to Nashville for the week. I had meetings scheduled, and there was literally no way that I could attend my meetings in Nashville without bringing Chloe. Fortunately, Brandon was willing to haul us both half way across the country. Lucky guy.

I was tied up in meetings for the majority of the time, and Brandon was stuck in the hotel room tending a somewhat grumpy baby. I cannot express how grateful I am for Brandon. He is the very best dad and a really wonderful husband. There is no way that I could perform the responsibilities of my job without his help....lots of his help.

On Thursday night we were chauffeured in a LIMO to Opryland. The Opryland Hotel is just enormous, and it was decked out for Christmas. We walked through the hotel, and Chloe looked at all of the lights. She ended up being a little tourist attraction herself....so many people stopped to comment on our little bug and her headband. It was kind of funny. Perhaps the most wonderful part of the Opryland complex is the GIGANTIC OUTLET MALL! I could have spend days, hours, months shopping there. We tackled a little Christmas shopping. It was fun evening.

While we were in Nashville, we celebrated our 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! I simply cannot believe that we have been married for five years. I am so lucky to be married to Brandon. What a wonderful road we have traveled together so far. It has been so fun to watch him as a dad; little Chloe just adores him. He is such a genuine, loving person, and even though he loves golf, xbox, fantasy everything, his friends, and ebay almost as much as he loves me, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Brandon & Chloe at Macaroni Grill

I was SUPER nervous about flying with Chloe. I could just imagine a myriad of disasters unfolding throughout the four hour flight. Luckily, she was an absolute angel. We couldn't believe what a good little baby she was throughout the whole trip. She is such a smiley, cute little miss. Even when we woke her up at 3:30am to catch our flight home, she was delightful. We just love her!

Photobucket

We survived our first major travels as a family...hopefully our next trip will be for pleasure instead of business.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I am so glad she was good for the flights! Sounds like a busy trip.

Nicole said...

She is so cute! Glad you guys had fun.

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

That place looks beautiful! At least you could enjoy your free time with the ones you love most when you weren't doing business. Khloe is the cutest!