Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hippity {Hoppity}



Our Easter Celebrations this year were spread across two weekends. We spent the weekend before Easter in St. George with my family, and we spent Easter weekend in Ogden with Brandon's family.

{Easter} in St. George

There is something about springtime in St. George that makes me miss living there SO much, too much really. It's warm and filled with all the wonderfulness of spring, you know, "popcorn popping on the apricot trees," tulips, and sunshine on your face. Brandon planned a boys-only-golf-trip in St. George, and Chloe and I tagged along. We pulled into town and dropped Brandon off at the Holiday Inn to enjoy a weekend full of golf. Chloe and I spent Friday and Saturday watching Eric play baseball and shopping with my mom and Liz. Ethan and Brooke blessed Maddie in my parents' ward on Sunday. It was such a nice weekend!

Chloe love, love, loves my mom; I can't blame her, my mom is a great lady! She had a blast at Grandma Kris and Grandpa Kim's house. My parents gave her a cute little Easter basket. Chloe thought it was just wonderful. She is such a hoot! I just love her little personality.

Funny Story: Every Easter we take a family photo on the front steps at my parents'. Chloe thought it was so funny to reach down and pull Grandpa's hair. The picture below caught her in action:

Photobucket



{Easter} at Home

Having General Conference fall on Easter was a mixed blessing for me. I love listening to Conference; it always seems to be just the spiritual boost that I need. However, I enjoy Easter Dresses! This year on Easter, we spent the day at our house and enjoyed a delicious Easter dinner at Grandma Verna's.

Chloe loved her gifts from the Easter Bunny. She was lucky to receive a Little Tikes Castle that has a super fast, super fun slide. She zips down it all by herself; we have a little dare devil on our hands. Chloe likes the farm animals that the Easter bunny delivered; she is REALLY into horses right now. (Actually, all animals make the horse sound...cows, dogs, birds. We're working on expanding her animal sounds.) Her favorite part of her goods from the Easter Bunny were the Yogurt Bites, Rice Puffs, and Apple Juice! Chloe had a blast her first Easter!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Glad you could spend time with both families! Miss you guys!

Nicole said...

You guys have got to be one of thes best looking families I have ever seen. Glad you are all doing well.

mathistown said...

I can't believe she's getting so big! Such a cute girl. It's been too long since we've seen you guys; hopefully that will change this summer! :)