Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle & Happy Halloween

Last week I traveled to Seattle for a CareerMD Physician Job Fair at the University of Washington. I tried to convince Brandon to join me on the quick trip, but I ended up traveling alone. I love Seattle! I happened to arrive on an absolutely beautiful fall day. I checked into my hotel and worked on a few important projects. Then, I decided that there was no sense in staying locked in my hotel room all day. I jumped in my rental car and drove down to Pike's Place Market. It was such a fun way to spend the afternoon. I then headed to the University of Washington. The campus is really stunning. What was I thinking going to Weber State intead of the University of Washington?! It turned out to be a really great trip. I'm still trying to convince Brandon that we need to make a trip back to Seattle in the Spring. Here are a few pictures, taken with my Blackberry, from my adventure at Pike's Place Market.





I returned home on Tuesday night, and we enjoyed the fresh shrimp I'd brought home from Seattle with Bryce, Shannon, and Mariah. On Thursday, I buzzed up to Idaho Falls to meet with the Administration at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. It was a whirlwind week that ended with a very fun Halloween. On Halloween, we had our neighbors, The Austins, over for dinner before heading over to The Hess' to enjoy a movie and treats with friends. Of course, no Halloween would be complete without dressing up our dog...we are freaking pathetic! For your enjoyment, here is a picture of Chopper decked out in his Pimp costume!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful days in Seattle are rare! I love Pikes, and chopper looks so cute.

Laurel said...

good job security with how busy you are! i love seattle too and it was good to be with you guys on halloween. chopper looks awesome!

Veronica said...

The picture of your dog is hilarious! We had such a fun trip to Seattle for the BYU game in September. It was beautiful. They do have a great campus....thank goodness you chose Weber State.....that led to the best choice.....BRANDON! Take care!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh my goodness, I was laughing so hard at Chopper. Great costume for him. You guys are so funny! We are glad that you guys could come over! That was so fun to have everyone (except Closes) over to just talk and have fun.

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

OMG Em!!! I lauged so hard at the picture of Chopper in his pimp outfit. What a perfect costume for him... LOL Mmmm dinner was delicious as always and you know we love food!

alohareynolds said...

Oh my hell, that is sooo awesome that you dressed up your dog as a pimp!!! By the way- LOVE LOVE LOVE Seattle! Me and Nate and my friend, Bobbie Jo went there with Lonnie last June! It was such a blast and it didn't rain ONCE!!! It was the best! And you are right, the campus is so amazing! Man- seeing your pics made me miss it sooo freaking bad!!!

John and Brittney said...

Emily next time you guys visit Seattle let us know! It's a short three hour drive for us and we could meet you for the weekend. Anytime John and I can get away to Seattle for the weekend we do it!

Ned and Melanie said...

Sounds like a great Halloween and the dog costume is hilarious!

Nicole said...

Boston never said anything about you dressing up chopper? Glad you had fun and made it back. We went private, so send us an email to wakemckellar@yahoo.com