Friday, June 18, 2010

Birthday & Baseball {Plus, Other Exciting Stuff}

Don't ask me where the last two months have gone. It has been crazy at our house. I've been absolutely swamped at work; seriously stressed out about a few very challenging contracts I've been negotiating. Brandon has jumped into all things spring and summer - working in the yard, golf, softball, golf, planting trees, golf. Little Chloe is growing up too fast! She is such a hoot - I only thought she was a wild child before...

Here are a few of the highlights:

{State Baseball Tournament}

Eric's Snow Canyon High School baseball team made it to the state tournament this year. We were able to head down to Salt Lake for a couple of the games. Eric is a truly excellent baseball player, and it has been so exciting to watch him grow into such a talented guy. It was fun to have my family stay with us for a few days while SCHS advanced through the tournament. The only pictures I was able to snap before my camera battery died are of Chloe playing on the playground at the UVU field. She loves the slides!

Photobucket


{Brandon's Birthday}

Brandon turned 27 on May 27th, which was the day of Eric's high school graduation. As you can imagine, Brandon was thrilled to spend the day driving to St. George (we left at the crack of dawn, which was perhaps a birthday miracle), sitting through Eric's graduation ceremony in a very hot, very crowded Dixie Center, and tending Chloe while I ran to help with Grad Night. What can I say, he's a trooper. I'm so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy! Brandon is the best husband and daddy. I can't imagine my life without him.

Photobucket

(Don't mind Brandon's hat hair, we'd just arrived in St. George after a VERY long drive. Chloe had enjoyed a little "feast" of Oreos; I think she's in a sugar coma at this point.)

{Eric's Graduation}

I can't believe Eric has graduated; he's supposed to just be my tiny brother who makes me read Junie B. Jones books to him every night. He's a really great kid. I'm so proud of him.

Photobucket

Chloe was pretty much crazy by the time we made it to the graduation ceremony. Brandon was out in the hall with her for the bulk of the time.

Photobucket

I made a few things for Eric's graduation: a rag quilt (which I only have a picture of the quilt all wrapped up), a candy bar lei, and a banner. Whew!

Photobucket

{Swim Baby}

While we were in St. George for graduation, Chloe experienced her first swim. She LOVES it! She loved floating in her little tube, splashing, and jumping off of the side. She's going to be our little water lover for sure!

Photobucket

No comments: