Monday, March 19, 2012

Love to See the {Temple}

Chloe has been super interested in the temple lately. She loves it! She talks about how beautiful it is, and she tells us how excited she is to go there. It's so sweet. It makes me think about how we should all feel so anxious to go to the temple. It really is such a special place. While we were in St. George, Chloe asked if we could drive by the temple. My mom, Chloe and I took a quick walk around the temple. Chloe was so happy to be by the temple. She kept asking me if she could touch it. As we approached the steps at the front of the temple, Chloe had the biggest smile on her face. I told her that we couldn't go in right now, and she just burst into tears. What a precious little girl! I thought about how innocent and pure she is, and it made me wonder about what she knows lies within the walls of the temple. How grateful I am for the temple; I just cannot imagine what I would do without the covenants that are made there. Sometimes, the knowledge of the sacred covenants that I have made and the knowledge that our family is sealed together forever is the only thing that gets me through the day. It was a very sweet experience with our little Chloe. I couldn't help but let my thoughts wander to someday in the future when we will have a little sweet baby that has joined our family through adoption be sealed to us forever - I sure hope that day comes sooner than later :)!


Here's a picture of Chloe and I in front of the temple. She was so tearful when we were by the stairs of the temple, and it was super windy. This is the best picture we got :)!


When we got back to my parents', I tried to have Chloe tell Brandon about the Temple. I said, "Tell Dad where we went today," to which Chloe replied, "Old Navy." Haha! We did visit Old Navy, and Chloe and Maddie ran around like wild indians until Grandma bought them some beautiful sunglasses that are their "favorite!"

No comments: