Thursday, August 28, 2008

Couples Golf League Champions!!!

Brandon and I have been playing in a couples golf league all summer. It has really been fun, and it has certainly stretched my golf skills. Last night was the league championship, and we WON! Amazing! Brandon played awesome, and I, as usual, played my normal hit and miss game.

At the start of the league, everyone pledged $100 as a prize for whoever made a hole in one. Last night Brandon was NEARLY the winner of all the cash. He almost made a hole in one. He hit the perfect shot that landed about 8 inches above the cup and rolled back toward the cup. The ball dipped in the hole only to shoot up the flag and roll out. Brandon was super bummed! It was still pretty amazing.


Last Friday marked the start of Snow Canyon Football. My family (minus Liz) met at the game in Salt Lake. It was fun to watch Eric play and see the family. Good luck this season Eric!

11 comments:

Laurel said...

That is awesome the you guys are such great golfers. What a fun thing to do together. I am glad you could see your family and brother play without going all the way to st. george. hope all is well!

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

I've been waiting for you to post that you were the CHAMPIONS wahoo! Great job guys... we still need to go before it gets too cold even with the league over.

Steph and Brady said...

Good job you guys! That is so awesome that you won! That is awesome that Brandon almost got a hole in one! I know Brady is missing golf already! I bet you were so happy to see the family and especially because you only had to drive to SLC!

Shelby said...

Yea! Congrats on winning! It was sure great to chat with you. Keep in touch!

Veronica said...

Congratulations! WOW am I impressed. What a fun thing to do together....that will cement your marriage. Keep us up to date on your golfing wins!

Nicole said...

Way to go! That is awesome that you enjoy golfing together. Maybe when I'm older, and not so crazy I will take up the sport!

a.t.a said...

Way to go!!! Emily...I can totally see you sporting the pink clubs!

Erin said...

Good job friends! just remember to update your blog when your playing at the US Open or something :) I am glad you got to see your little bro play some ball- I love being able to watch my brothers. P.S you look so happy and cute in your pics

Mickell said...

Congrats on becoming the golf champions!!! Thats so awesome! What a fun thing to do together! Looks like things are going good!!!

alohareynolds said...

Hey! AWESOME for you guys, watch out Tiger Woods lol... Nate and I have taken up tennis and it's rather funny... We really suck, but hey, we are learning together lol... Looks like you are having a fantastic summer!

Ashlie said...

Way to be! You are so cute to do all that with your cute husband. Way to go on winning too!