Monday, August 4, 2008

Week in Review

We've been trying to squeeze the most out of our summer, and I'm confident that we (by "we" I mean mostly Brandon) have been spending WAY too much time golfing. It's been "Tournament Heaven" around here. On Friday and Saturday Brandon played in the UGA Cache Valley Open. He's scheduled to play in another on this coming Friday. Between his golf and our couples league, he is really enjoying himself. Golf is his true love, what can I say.

Photobucket

Summer softball came to a close last week. It was a fun season. I am a major fan of spending an hour catching up with the girls while we casually watch our husbands play. For now, I'm enjoying the break until Fall Softball starts...Brandon has already committed to play two nights a week!

Photobucket

On Saturday night we went to Lagoon with Shannon and Bryce. It was a blast. Bryce talked Brandon into riding Wicked, and for those of you who know Brandon, riding Wicked is a major accomplishment for him. He is not a fan of rides, at all. He was hilarious, and when all was said and done he admitted that it really isn't that bad. We had so much fun; we even had our passes validated so that we can "bounce back!"

7 comments:

Veronica said...

What a good wife you are to support your sports fanatic. Glad you are enjoying the summer. I haven't been to Lagoon in ages. I am the mom and grandma that likes to watch from the sidelines and yell, "hi" as the kids go around on the rides. Tell Brandon I am proud of him....braver than I am.

Laurel said...

My husband is also very good at taking advantage of summer, must be man thing while we work and support the family : ) . I love lagoon and am proud of Brandon! Sorry you guys couldn't come this weekend with us, but we will call you again soon! Hope all is well.

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

Baseball and Lagoon definitely has been a blast with you guys as friends. Me and Bryce love you guys SO much! See you at golf tonight... I know my dad is putting the pressure on Brandon. ha ha

Steph and Brady said...

Wow! Looks like you guys have been having fun! That is funny that Brandon is afaid of the rides. He is so funny. Tell him good job from us. You are going to be a pro golfer soon! I bet that is fun for you two (probably mostly Brandon).

alohareynolds said...

Emily!!! How are you! This is Aloha!!! I was looking through Quinn and Kristan's blog comments and saw you on there, so I decided to drop you a line! I miss ya! Let's keep in touch! I FINALLY got a blog as well... It's http://alohaandnate.blogspot.com. I hope all is well with you and Brandon!!! I miss ya! Let's chat sometime!!!

Kathryn said...

Hi Emily...I also found you through another blog. I sure hope you remember me from Ambassadors! It was fun to see where you and your husband are in your lives. It looks quite exciting! We also have a blog that is set to private, but just register for an "account" and we'll let you in. www.ariottifamily.net. It was SO good to "see" you again!

Ashlie said...

I know, we need to hurry and get in all we can because before we know it, summer will be over. I love that he golfs all the time. That is pretty funny. Lagoon looks/sounds fun. We still haven't been this year and like most things, I want to hurry and get it in before it's too late.