Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bring Us Peace

September 11th opens a flood of emotions and memories for me. As I have reflected on the significance of this day, my heart mourns for the great loss that our nation suffered, and continues to suffer, due to the tragic events of that fateful day. As our country remains engaged in war, in a state of political unrest, and plagued by economic frailty, I choose to believe that America stands on the shoulders of a noble legacy laid by our forefathers; I choose to trust that the greatness of the United States will flourish and endure. I am grateful for all the men and women who sacrifice so much to ensure that I can live in the "land of the free and the home of the brave."

On September 11, 2001, I penned the words to the song below. A few days later, my friend and I wrote "Bring Us Peace."

Bring Us Peace - Emily Carter

9 comments:

Erin said...

What a beautiful post. When I get a chance to post about 9/11 I may just have to send everyone to your blog :) you said it beautifully. I lvoed the song- how I miss all your beautiful songs and rich voice

Unknown said...

You are so amazing! I have always known you could sing, but I have never heard you...WOW! I loved the song and your voice. Most beautiful song!

Laurel said...

Sorry that comment is from me another person used our laptop yesterday and i didn't know they were signed in still...

John and Brittney said...

Wow, you have a beautiful voice Emily. I am impressed! That is a great song.

Mickell said...

WOW! I love that song!!! I realized how much I miss hearing you sing! Seriously you are just amazing! I love how you write too! Maybe you should just run for President :)...Lets hope things work out well in this election or it could be SCARY!

Hey we really need to get together...I really miss you. Do you ever talk with Megan? I miss her tons too and I haven't seen her FOREVER! Lets plan something next time you come into town. I would love it!

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

You're thoughtfulness in everyday life and in things like 9/11 make you stand out as a great person. I still love your entire cd, and especially this song. Me and Bryce love you and Brandon so very much. You are so amazing Emily!

Nicole said...

You have such a beautiful voice. I'll be over later for a solo concert.

Savanna said...

You have such an amazing voice. Thanks for sharing that song. That was such a neat post. You are so talented and so beautiful!

Bells said...

You are so dang talented. I love it. It gave me chills! WOW! That is all I have to say!