Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweet Sewing Table

Brandon has always been a big fan of refinishing old furniture. When we got married he refinished an old trunk for me (or maybe for himself, but I like to think it was for me ;)!) He really enjoys it. We actually have a bedroom set in our garage awaiting a new coat of paint, some beadboard, and some distressing.

A few weeks ago, we were visiting some of Brandon's favorite spots to find refinishing "projects," and we found an old sewing machine table for just $8! I was so excited! We cleaned the table up, painted/stained, and added some very chic glass drawer pulls. Luckily, we found the cutest chair; I was looking for something really different and fun. We painted the chair black and recovered the seat with a pretty neutral fabric, but it will be easy to switch it up if I decide to make a decorating change. I'm loving it! I actually have been putting it to good use while making little hair bows for my cute neighbor girl. The table actually expands to accomodate a sewing machine and fabric. We have placed the sewing table in the guest room temporarily, just until we finish the basement and I can have the craft room of my dreams :)!

12 comments:

neil and aubs said...

Wonderful job! Love the color!

Ashlee said...

I love that chair and table. I wish I was crafty like you and could do things like that. Miss seeing you guys. Hope everything is going good.

Laurel said...

that is such a cute table. you guys are amazing with furniture and decorating. i still need to see your house, what a bad friend i am!

Veronica said...

You and Brandon are so talented.....I love what you did with the sewing table and chair. It is beautiful. What a great idea and saving money is one of my favorite things to do. I was going to tell you about my niece's web site. She is an artist in Savannah and she hand paints the drawer handles.....take a look at
tiffianiart.com Let me know what you think....Good job and you are amazing!

a.t.a said...

I love it! What a sweet deal...can't beat that! It looks lovely!

Shelby said...

Wow! They look great. I'm not only impressed how great your chair and table look, I'm impressed you can sew too!

Erin said...

How cute, what a fun little project for you two!

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

You are so creative - and you need to show or help me make some bows for the girls.

John and Brittney said...

That is really cute Emily! I would need to learn how to sew first.

Ashlie said...

Love it. Good job. I actually didn't know you could sew. I bet you'll make many wonderful things on that super cute steal:).

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I have been meaning to comment on your blog forever! First I have to tell you I LOVE the table and chair. SO CUTE! I loved finding good deals when we lived in Utah. Now that we will be moving all over for the next few years Quinn won't let me buy a bunch of stuff. Which makes sense I guess.

I hope I am not being nosey but how is the adoption going? I think you have your papers turned in now right? We are just waiting for them to get our profile finished and a few other things. It is quite the process as I am sure you already know. I would love to keep in touch with you guys! Quinn said to tell you hello!
Kristan

Bells said...

K I am so jealous of your fantastic find. I love great finds and this one is awesome. You are so cute and talented. I can't wait to be invited to craft in the craft room of your dreams, there is no room for one of those in my abode.