Friday, May 1, 2009

Sew what?!

So, I'm not really the world's best blogger. I just barely make a post every month! It's awesome, right?

Anyway...with the upcoming arrival of our little girl, we have been trying to get everything in order at our house. The basement is coming along. Who knew that when you drywall your unfinished basement it covers your entire house with an incredibly messy layer of dust?! It was a freaking mess! We have furniture ordered for the nursery, and I'm just hoping it will all come together before she gets here! I have been set on sewing her bedding...I think I just had some temporary insanity going on...Luckily, I found a crib set that Brandon and I both really like (who knew he would actually care what colors are in her nursery :)!!). So, my "bedding plan" has changed. I'll be buying the crib set and just making a super cute quilt for her.

I'm getting a little nervous that I'm in the third trimester...I mean seriously, do I even know how to take care of a baby?!?! There is just a TON of stuff that we need to check off of our "to do list" before we bring her home. I'm sure that we'll make it...somehow...

My new favorite article of clothing is maternity jeans! Ha! I swear I wear them everyday! I especially recommend the pair above from Motherhood Maternity, otherwise known as "the pregnant girl store in the mall (Brandon HATES this place!)."

My most recent purchase from Motherhood Maternity was a pregnant girl swimsuit for an upcoming vacation. Let me tell you, it is hottest piece of swimwear I have ever owned! It's like a stinking muumuu with swimsuit bottoms. When I tried on my new swimsuit, I just started laughing! It's awesome! I was in the Buckle getting a b-day present for Liz, and I seriously am excited to wear my normal-non-pregnant-lady clothes. Gotta love it! At least my shoes still fit :)!

Our daffodils and tulips are finally blooming. It's a miracle because it has been a very cold, rainy spring. I swear I still miss St. George weather. Somehow I manage to be the world's best weed grower. I can kill every other plant, but the weeds thrive.

Whew! That was a long rambling post!

8 comments:

Ned and Melanie said...

I'm glad that everything is coming together. You will both be great parents. You are lucky your shoes still fit, mine finally didn't and neither did my wedding ring. That was not my favorite. Good luck with everything!

mathistown said...

i have ambitions to sew crib bedding (someday), but i'm sure that's easier said than done! and i'll be honest, i'm excited to be pregnant, and a big part of that is for the maternity jeans! they look so much more comfortable than non-pregnant ones!!

Erin said...

I too gave up on making the crib bedding- best of intent though!

Veronica said...

I can't believe I haven't even seen you in one maternity item of clothing. I hope you are doing well. I know that you are a whiz at sewing as proven by the "hooter hider" that you made Laurel. I love it! I hope you made one for yourself. Can't wait to see the little baby girl that will be coming. You will be a great mom. don't worry...your unconditional love creates miracles for babies when we are uncertain of what we are doing. Good luck!

Ashley said...

Pregnant lady clothes are the hottest :) Just wait... at the end there is a good chance your shoes won't fit either. I had to wear flip flops for the last two months with James.

Laurel said...

you will be such a great mom don't even worry! I can't wait to see the nursery. I miss my maternity jeans they kept me tucked in! I hope you are feeling good

Shelby said...

I can't wait to see her nursery. I hope everything is going well! By the way, your yard looks great!

Steph and Brady said...

You are so talented! I bet her room is going to be SO cute! You will be a wonderful mom! By the way, you did SO good today singingat stake conference! We were looking for you afterward but couldn't see you. You have such a beautiful voice!