Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Grass is Greener...

Whew! Now that I have completed my obligations after being "tagged," I can post an update on the happenings at the Nanney house :)!

Over the weekend we laid sod in our front yard and more than we had anticipated in our backyard. We had ordered enough sod for the front, and we were planning on seeding the backyard. However, we overestimated, as did our neighbors, and we ended up with a good sized patch of grass out back. It was tough work, but we had lots of help from our amazing neighbors and ward. We would have never made it without them. I am so grateful for everyone's help. Brandon worked so hard, and I'm so proud of all the work he has already put into our yard. We still need to add plants, trees, and seed the back, but we are on our way to a fully landscaped yard.

Last week was my sister Liz's birthday. She turned 20! Wow! Liz an amazing girl, and honestly one of my very best friends. I am so grateful for her and so proud of the person she has become. My family was in town for the weekend, and we celebrated her birthday with the most fabulous cake! Love ya, Liz!

Liz's Birthday
(The picture is a little, okay a lot, scary! It was taken after we had laid sod all day...)

5 comments:

Veronica said...

I think you look pretty good especially being able to smile that happy way after laying sod all day. Good luck with your yard! I am sure it will be beautiful.

a.t.a said...

Hi emilY,

This is Tiffany M, we were ambassadors together at WSU! I found your cute blog through Erin's blog! Just thought I'd say Hi!

Ashley said...

Hi Emily! I'm glad you found our blog. I am excited to keep in touch with you guys. Cute blog. I learned a lot about you reading your tags :-)

Steph and Brady said...

Oh my heck! I didn't know that you guys were already that far on your yard! That is exciting! We are going to have to come check it out! That is going to be so fun to have this summer!

Laurel said...

hey that is awesome about your yard. sorry i have been a slacker lately, but i will start working on the tag. glad to hear you guys are doing well