Saturday, May 3, 2008

Whirlwind Week



It has been a crazy, busy week. Last Saturday Brandon and I went to the Dierks Bently concert with our friends Bryce and Shannon. It was a blast! We grabbed dinner at Ruth's Chris prior to the concert. It is now Brandon's new favorite place. The whole night was very fun!

I spent the week in Charleston, South Carolina attending meetings for work. Charleston is an amazing city. It has such a rich history. One night we took a horse drawn carriage through town on the way to dinner. The old historical buildings are absolutely beautiful. There is a really cool open air market right in the heart of town. Charleston was a great city, certainly a place I would like to visit again.

Today, my cousin, Autumn, was baptized. My family came up from St. George. It was a great day. Autumn is a beautiful girl, and I am so proud of her. It was a really nice day. It's always nice to see my family.

7 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

Wow! You guys have been busy once again! I bet that concert was so fun! I have heard that restaurant was awesome. It sounds like it was a good work trip for you! How fun to go in a horse drawn carriage! Hope you have a great week!

Veronica said...

CHARLESTON....oh the memories....we lived in Columbia for two years and we would go to Charleston often. What an amazing city.....I can see the market you went to in my mind. I hope you got to have the carriage go by the Battery....those houses are the most beautiful and so laden with history of the Civil War and the Old South. Glad you had such a good week. Haven't been to Ruth's Chris, but Johnny has and said it is the best steak ever.....Take car! Love your blog!

Nicole said...

Love the hair. I'm glad you had a good time, and are back home.

Laurel said...

I bet SC was a blast. I love it there. It sounds like you are doing awesome at work. I bet dierks was great in concert. I would love to see him. You guys do so many fun things. Brady and I hope to see you two soon.

Ashlee said...

Hey Emily! It's ashlee brueckner. Whats your email and I will send you an invite for my blog?

Brandon, Emily and Chloe said...

Ashlee - my email is emilynanney@gmail.com. I'll watch for an invite to your blog.

Ashlie said...

Wow, that isn't a place that I would think to visit. Thanks for telling how wonderful it is. You and your hubby looked darling.