Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day!

Photobucket

I would feel so completely ungrateful if I didn't take an opportunity to recognize my wonderful mother on Mothers' Day. I have been blessed with the most incredible mom. She has been and continues to be an amazing example of service, love, and hard work. My mom has been a constant source of comfort and friendship. She has been diligent in encouraging me to do my best and to never settle for mediocrity. My mom is an inspiring person. She is so very skilled and successful in her profession, and I aspire to be more like her. I am so very thankful for my "Angel Mother."

I am also very lucky to have a wonderful mother-in-law. Brandon's mom has always welcomed me willingly into her family. When Brandon expressed to her his desire to marry me just a few days after returning from his mission, she offered her full support and love. My mother-in-law raised a wonderful son, and I will be forever grateful for all that she has done and continues to do for my cute husband.

I had the opportunity to sing in church today, and I thought that I would post the lyrics from the song.

An Angel to Watch Over Me
By Sally DeFord

She watched by my cradle through long sleepless nights.
She taught me to pray as she knelt by my side.
She guarded my childhood and all through the years
She echoed my laughter, she counted my tears.
In the arms of my mother, I came to believe
That God sent an angel to watch over me.

She taught me the meaning of courage and faith.
She taught me to live with the Lord as my strength.
She taught me to follow the pathway He marked.
She guided my steps when the journey grew dark,
and I know there were dangers that I could not see.
But God sent an Angel to watch over me.

She taught me to serve with a spirit that sings.
She taught me to seek after heavenly things.
And because of her love and her kindness and care,
Because of the place that I hold in her prayers,
and because of her goodness,
I still believe that God sent an angel to watch over me.

12 comments:

Veronica said...

Emily, I would love to hear you sing....I am sure you have a beautiful voice to match your beautiful face and spirit. Take care.

Steph and Brady said...

I also want to hear you sing! I can't wait to be in your ward so I can hear you! I bet you did amazing!

Laurel said...

I love you voice and wish i could have heard you yesterday, but i am sure you did great! that is a beautiful song.

John and Brittney said...

I love the words to that song. I am going to send that to my mom! You are brave to sing in front of people, I bet you did a great job!

Unknown said...

Em, What a great tribute to your mom. And Brandon's too. And i wish that you'd give me one more chance to sing with you!!! I love you with all I am.

Nicole said...

Sorry we missed it. I'm sure you did very well. I would love to hear you sing. I hope Boston used his manners the other day. I love that he felt that it was o.k. to ask you for help. We love having you guys for neighbors.

Erin said...

That a amazing song- I am so glad you found me... I thought you would be somewhere in this blogging world! I am so excited we will be able to stay in touch- I am glad everything is going well and your loving your cute house:)

Mickell said...

What a neat post! I love that song!!! I wish I could have heard you sing it! HEY, I am sure you are wondering how I found your blog, but I just barely ran into your mom and dad at Lins and she gave me your address! I love your parents...your Mom has seriously saved me a couple of times now! I love going to the Sunset instacare if something is wrong in hopes I will get your mom...so far so good! Anyways we have a blog too but I went private so send me an email and I can invite you! mickellwestbrook@msn.com I am so glad that you have a blog now! It is really a way fun way to keep in touch! I love all of your pictures!!! You guys look so Happy and cute together, and I can't believe how big your brothers and sister are! Crazy!

Mike and Kristen said...

Hey! I tagged you. Look at my blog to see what to do :)

Mike and Kristen said...

I'm so glad that song worked, I thought it was a good one. My mom had a good suggestion. I'm sure you did great! You're amazing!

Amanda said...

Hi Emily, I found your blog through your moms!! It is darling, of course, coming from you I didn't expect any less!!! :) Looks like things are going great!

Amanda said...

Em, you are blog savy, do you know how to make scanned pictures normal size on the blog? I scanned some, but they are micro mini? Thanks for any tips!!