Sunday, May 25, 2008

Las Vegas Trip!



Brandon and I spent the last four days in Las Vegas with friends. It was a blast! We flew out of SLC on Thursday morning very early, too early for me. When we arrived in Vegas, we checked into our hotel, Caeser's Palace, and hit the pool. Thursday night, we had dinner at the Bobby Flay resturaunt MESA. Dinner was delicious. Later, we went to the Cirque Du Soleil show "O." It was honestly AMAZING!

On Friday, we met up with more friends and spent the day shopping. All I can say is that I seriously wish that there was still a Nordstrom in Ogden. Friday night we went to the Excalibur to watch the dinner show "Tournament of Kings." Prior to the show we were messing around in the arcade. Brandon was having so much fun! He is a hilarious guy and always the life of the party. He won this HUGE stuffed horse while playing skee ball. I could not believe I was going to have to carry a massive horse around with us all night. We decided to give the horse away, and it brought the biggest smile to a little boy's face (I'm sure his parents were thrilled that they had to carry around a great big horse!). The dinner show was fun, and it was just really nice to be able to get away with friends.

We hit the outlet mall on Saturday. Brandon found a few (3!) pairs of shoes for his birthday, and I found a great pair of earrings. Saturday night we ate at my all-time favorite steakhouse, Smith & Wollensky. It was a very nice dinner; great food and great company.

Today, we walked through The Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. In the "Field of Dreams" store, baseball great Pete Rose was signing autographs. Brandon and Bryce got to meet him, and I snapped a quick picture. Then, we headed home.

It was a great trip, and I genuinely enjoyed the time away. It was fun to spend quality time with Brandon and a few of our great friends!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I am glad you had a great trip- those little get aways are the best! I love the change to your background very "stylish"

Steph and Brady said...

I love your new background! It looks so good! What a fun trip! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

John and Brittney said...

That sounds like a fun little get away! I went to that tournament of kings show a few years ago. I am jealous that you guys got a sunny vacation.

Mickell said...

Looks like fun! I think get aways are the BEST!!! Everyone deserves a few a year :) Hey I love your tag about movies..and how you get anxious-that is me TOO!! I am so glad that I know someone that can relate to me! Post some pictures of your yard! That is so Exciting! I was so excited when we got ours in...(however it's tiny, but I was SO HAPPY) ...I am glat that you have a blog, I miss hearing whats going on in your life :) (sorry this is so long)